Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Interview!!!

So I went to Houston this past Thursday to interview with Company X. I left Worcester Thursday at 7 AM to catch a flight from Logan Aiport. My hostess picked me up from the aiport, and then we drove around Houston for a bit while she explained the different areas of the city. She then dropped me off at the hotel I would be staying at. She then pricked me up a couple of hours later to go to dinner. It was my hostess, a coworker, and myself. I asked questions about the department they worked in, about their new hire process and future career plans. The next morning, my hostess picked me up around 6:45 to go to breakfast and meet up with my first interviewer. My day ahead: 5 interviews back to back with a lunch in between. It was an awesome experience. I met a lot of brilliant, succesfull people who were all very excited about bringing new hires to their departments. They talked about their career paths, about their resposabilities and roles, and finally asked a couple of questions. My last interview was with the head recruitment person. His main job was to see if I was a good fit for the department. My hostess took me back to the aiport and I flew back to Mass. As nerve-wrecking as it was at first, I really enoyed my time there. It wa sa great learning experience and great practice for any future site interviewws I may have. I am really hoping I get an offer from them. We'll see what happens! ;)

No comments: