Wednesday, September 3, 2008

How I Spent My Summer

So I walked away from the Career Fair with two interviews in the next two days. I was so excited. My second interview with company YEY! went really well and they informed me about one week later that there was some interest. After a couple of e-mails and a phone interview I got the job. It felt incredible to have a summer job by October already. I moved to Coral Gables in Miami, FL the weekend before my first Monday at work with company YEY!. I found housing through roommates.com and bought a car upon my arrival. The job was fantastic. I was brand new to the industry and the company. It was non-stop learning from day 1 until the day I said goodbye. I was even sent to Panama; Fairfax, VA; and Houston, TX on the job. It was a fantastic experience in which I learned how to move somewhere by yourself (a skill I would need by graduation). I never thought I could have gotten a job that exciting with an experience as influential as the one I had this summer. :)

No comments: